Customise Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorised as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyse the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customised advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyse the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

14 C
Ennis
14 C
Ennis
HomeRegionalNorth Clare'Unacceptable' confusion over pier money 'spin'

‘Unacceptable’ confusion over pier money ‘spin’

MONEY for piers and harbours in Clare ‘announced’ last week by the Minister Simon Coveney and welcomed by Clare Oireachtas members is not additional funding, it has emerged.

Minister Coveney released a statement on Friday outlining a ‘€23 million package for piers and harbours countrywide’, which included more than €230,000 for projects in Clare. Fine Gael Senator Martin Conway, Labour TD Michael McNamara and Chairman of the Oireachtas Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade, Pat Breen, all welcomed the €232,650 allocated to Clare County Council under the Storm Damage Programme. However, it now appears this money forms part of the €16.8 million already allocated by the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government to Clare County Council at the end of last month.

North Clare representatives are now calling for clarity from central government in relation to the breakdown of funding allocated for the county.

Councillor Michael Kelly described the announcement as “spin” while Councillor Bill Slattery said it was “very misleading”.

Councillor Kelly said it was “not clear that the funding is part of the previously announced funding” and asked “for a clear statement of funding and the breakdown of where the money should be spent.”

Councillor Richard Nagle criticised the Oireachtas members saying, “it was misleading and when Minister Hayes was here in Clare, we were assured that there would be joined-up thinking. Now, we are two months later and no one knows what projects can proceed and what cannot.”

“This level of confusion is unacceptable,” he added.

The councillors’ comments were made at an Ennistymon Area Meeting on Monday where clarity was sought as to whether funding will be forthcoming for improved coastal protection works before repairs are made to damaged infrastructure.

online pharmacy buy fluoxetine with best prices today in the USA
online pharmacy buy super-kamagra online no prescription pharmacy
online pharmacy order valtrex no prescription with best prices today in the USA
online pharmacy buy estrace online no prescription pharmacy
online pharmacy naprosyn no prescription

This Week's Edition

Latest News

Advertisment
Advertisment
error: Content is protected !!