Home » Tag Archives: Central Criminal Court (page 2)

Tag Archives: Central Criminal Court

Sex abuser threatened to kill partner’s child

A Clare man who threatened to kill his partner’s nine-year-old daughter if she told anyone of his sexual abuse has been jailed for 13 years. The three-year period of severe abuse was only uncovered when the victim’s younger brother, who was five years old, told their aunt. The court heard the girl is now “extremely traumatised.” The 25-year-old man pleaded guilty at the Central Criminal Court to one sample count each of anal rape and sexual assault of the girl between 2009 and 2012 in County Clare. Describing the abuse as being in the highest category of gravity, Mr Justice Tony Hunt said the man “repeatedly and flagrantly” breached the trust placed in him by the victim’s mother, and the life of his victim will be “permanently marred” by his crimes. The abuse began when the man moved in with the victim’s mother and lasted until the return of the victim’s aunt from overseas. The parties in the case cannot …

Read More »

Clareman to be sentenced for sexual assault of partner’s daughter

A Clare man threatened to kill his partner’s nine year-old daughter if she told anyone of his sexual abuse, the Central Criminal Court has heard. The three-year period of severe abuse was only uncovered when the victim’s younger brother, who was five years-old, told their aunt. The court heard the girl is now “extremely traumatised.” The twenty-five year old man pleaded guilty to one sample count each of anal rape and sexual assault of the girl between 2009 and 2012 in County Clare. Mr Justice Tony Hunt remanded the man in continuing custody for sentence to next Monday. The abuse began when the man moved in with the victim’s mother and lasted until the return of the victim’s aunt from overseas. The parties in the case cannot be identified for legal reasons. A local garda told Anthony Sammon, SC, prosecuting, that the aunt asked the victim and her brother how the man was treating them. The five year-old boy began …

Read More »

Clare man guilty of sexually assaulting baby

A County Clare man has been convicted of sexually assaulting a one-year-old baby 10 years ago. The 45-year-old had pleaded not guilty in the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to sexual assault between April 2005 and October 2006 in County Clare. The man was arrested on July 26, 2011 and denied the allegations when questioned by gardaí He was previously sentenced to 12 years for sexually abusing two young girls. He will be sentenced in April on this new conviction. After a three-day trial, a jury of nine men and three women returned a majority guilty verdict after deliberating for just under four hours on this Friday. Judge Sarah Berkley remanded in custody for sentencing on April 14 next. By Angela Mullin s

Read More »

Rapist filmed sexual abuse of niece

A Clare resident, who began sexually abusing his niece from the age of six and filmed some of the abuse, has been jailed for 15 years at the Central Criminal Court. The 48-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, later began raping the child from when she was aged nine, on a regular basis, in his Clare bedsit. The court heard how the child would beg her mother not to let her stay over with him, telling her, “Please Mum, don’t let me go, I’ll be good”. During the trial, the victim said her mother would still let her uncle take the child to the flat every few weeks. While staying over with him, the man would molest the child and force her to touch his private parts. He also forced her to perform more explicit sexual acts on him, including oral rape. Last December, a jury found him guilty of eight counts of rape and 17 counts …

Read More »

Man who raped niece due for sentencing

A Clare resident who began sexually abusing his Limerick niece from the age of six will be sentenced next week at the Central Criminal Court. The 48-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, later began raping the child from when she was aged nine on a regular basis in his bedsit in County Clare. The court heard how the child would beg her mother not to let her stay over with him, telling her mother: “Please Mum, don’t let me go, I’ll be good”. During the trial the victim said her mother would still let her uncle take the child to the flat every few weeks. While staying over with him, the man would molest the child and force her to touch his private parts. He also forced her to perform more explicit sexual acts on him, including oral rape. Last December a jury found him guilty of eight counts of rape and 17 counts of sexual assault …

Read More »

80-year-old convicted of indecently assaulting two daughters

An 80-year-old Clare man has been sentenced to four and a half years in prison for indecently assaulting his two daughters during the early 1970s. The man, who cannot be named in order to protect the anonymity of his victims, was found guilty of 12 counts of indecent assault after a week-long trial at the Central Criminal Court last month. He had pleaded not guilty to 18 counts of indecently assaulting his daughter in a house and later a caravan in County Clare on unknown dates between January 1971 and December 1973. She was aged between 11 and 13 at the time. The man had also denied indecently assaulting another daughter twice in 1980 at a caravan in County Clare, when she was aged 11 or 12. During his trial, he made admissions to one of these offences. Mr Justice Patrick McCarthy said he was effectively treating that admission as a plea of guilty. The man was found not guilty …

Read More »

Rape trial falls after legal argument

The trial of a Clare man accused of raping and sexually abusing a teenage boy who he used to give money to has collapsed today (Tuesday) following a legal issue. The 70- year-old accused, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had pleaded not guilty to three counts of anal rape and two counts of sexual assault of the youth at various locations in the county between 1999 and 2000. The jury at the Central Criminal Court in Dublinwas told during the opening prosecution speech that the man admitted to gardaí that he touched the then 14 year old’s penis on one occasion but claimed that nothing else happened. He told gardaí during interview that he used to give the boy money for food because he felt sorry for him. The alleged victim gave evidence that he was raped repeatedly in the man’s car on various occasions and that he was sexually abused in his house. The jury was discharged …

Read More »

Man denies raping teenage boy

A Clare man has gone on trial accused of raping and sexually abusing a teenage boy who he used to give money to. The 70- year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has pleaded not guilty to three counts of anal rape and two counts of sexual assault of the youth at various locations in the county between 1999 and 2000. The jury at the Central Criminal Court in Dublin on Monday heard the man admitted to gardaí that he touched the then 14 year old’s penis on one occasion but claimed that nothing else happened. He told gardaí during interview that he used to give the boy money for food because he felt sorry for him. Opening the trial, prosecuting counsel, Dominic McGinn, SC, said that the accused allegedly took the boy for drives in his car to places where the abuse took place. He said the man and boy worked out a “signal system”. If the accused …

Read More »
error: Content is protected !!