Home » Tag Archives: stoves. fire service

Tag Archives: stoves. fire service

Fire service warning on stoves

THE danger of an incorrectly installed stove flue was highlighted, when a fire broke out at a home in Ennis last week. Units of the fire service based in Ennis were called to a house for what was first thought to be a chimney fire. However, it emerged that the fire was the result of an incorrectly installed stove flu. This latest incident has prompted Clare County Fire and Rescue Service to renew the appeal it made just last month for householders to review the building regulations relating to heat-producing appliances and to ensure stoves and flues are installed correctly. The fire service said the rising popularity of stoves in recent years has led to an increase in emergency call-outs to stove-related domestic fires and incidences of carbon monoxide build-up in homes across Clare. Adrian Kelly, Clare chief fire officer, said, “Fires can occasionally be due to the poor installation of stoves and flues. Some of these fires have caused …

Read More »
error: Content is protected !!