The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has confirmed that the total number of Covid-19 cases in Clare is now 60, which is an increase of six. Nationally 16 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died. A total of 370 new cases have been confirmed across the country.
· 11 deaths located in the east, four in the north west and one in the west of the country
· The patients included six females and 10 males
· Four patients were reported as having underlying health conditions
· Median age of today’s reported deaths is 78
There have now been 174 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. The median age of deaths in Ireland is 81.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has been informed of 370 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland, as at 1pm today, Monday. There are now 5,364 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Research conducted on behalf of the Department of Health, a nationally representative online survey of 1,270 adults conducted today, and which will be conducted twice weekly, reveals:
· The percentage of people stockpiling has reduced from a peak of 43% in mid-March to 20% today
· 86% of people believe that current government restrictions are “about right”
· 67% are interacting with family and friends over the phone
Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said: “Our research shows overall level of worry remains high at 7 out of 10 but has not increased significantly since the middle of March, despite the introduction of more restrictive measures.”
Today’s data from HPSC, as of midnight, Saturday April 4(4,916 cases), reveals:
· 46% are male and 54% are female, with 260 clusters involving 989 cases
· Median age of confirmed cases is 49 years
· 1,265 cases (26%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 169 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 1,263 cases (26%) are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 2,692 (55% of all cases) followed by Cork with 362 cases (7%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 65%, close contact accounts for 23%, travel abroad accounts for 12%