THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of six new cases of Covid-19 in Clare and two additional deaths related to Covid-19 nationally. These two deaths occurred in March. There has been a total of 4,587 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Saturday, March 20, the HPSC has been notified of 769* confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 230,599 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 381 are men / 378 are women
- 75% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
- 284 in Dublin, 67 in Donegal, 47 in Offaly, 45 in Meath, 44 in Kildare, and the remaining 282 cases are spread across 20 other counties. **
As of 8am today, 360 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 82 are in ICU. 19 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 18, 654,251 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 478,725 people have received their first dose
- 175,526 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.