THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of less than five additional cases of Covid-19 in Clare and nine additional deaths related to Covid-19. Four deaths occurred in March, three occurred in February and one in January*. The median age of those who died was 82 years and the age range was 69-94 years. There has been a total of 4,405 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Thursday, March 4, the HPSC has been notified of 522 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 222,169** confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 275 are men / 243 are women
- 67% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 33 years old
- 280 in Dublin, 28 in Meath, 28 in Kildare, 26 in Cork and 19 in Donegal and the remaining 141 cases are spread across 19 other counties***.
As of 8am today, 426 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 102 are in ICU. 34 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 2, 460,637 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 316,056 people have received their first dose
- 144,581 people have received their second dose