Home » Regional » South Clare » Guilty of indecently assaulting child

Guilty of indecently assaulting child

A 68-YEAR-OLD man, with an address in the South East Clare area, has pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting a child in Galway city over a two-year period in the late 1980s.

The man pleaded guilty before Galway Circuit Criminal Court last week to 13 sample charges of indecent assault, which took place at a Galway city address on various dates between January 1, 1988, and March 24, 1989.

Prosecuting barrister, Conor Fahy said a further 12 charges of indecent assault, involving the same victim, should remain before the court for the time being.

Defence barrister, John Hogan said he needed time to obtain a psychological report on his client prior to sentence.

Judge Rory McCabe remanded the convicted man on continuing bail to March 18 next year for sentence and directed a victim impact statement be obtained for the court for that date.

Ann Healy

About Austin Hobbs

Austin Hobbs

Check Also

Trotting for cancer support in Kilbeacanty

IF you want to ruffle a few feathers, or shake off the excesses of the …

error: Content is protected !!