THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of five new cases of COVID-19 in Clare and three additional deaths related to COVID-19. 1 death occurred in March and 1 in January*. There has been a total of 4,422 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Saturday 6th March, the HPSC has been notified of 525 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 223,219** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 271 are men / 254 are women
- 74% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
- 214 in Dublin, 37 in Meath, 28 in Offaly, 28 in Limerick and 25 in Wicklow and the remaining 193 cases are spread across 19 other counties***.
As of 8am today, 423 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 103 are in ICU. 14 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 4th, 493,873 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 346,256 people have received their first dose
- 147,617 people have received their second dose