THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of fewer than five new cases of Covid-19 in Clare , while there have been nine additional deaths related to Covid-19 nationally. Seven deaths occurred in March, and two deaths occurred in February. The median age of those who died was 76 years and the age range was 64 to 95 years. There has been a total of 4,585 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Friday, March 19, the HPSC has been notified of 525 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 229,831 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 255 are men / 265 are women
- 68% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 34 years old
- 266 in Dublin, 33 in Meath, 29 in Wexford, 25 in Offaly, 24 in Donegal, and the remaining 148 cases are spread across 19 other counties. *
As of 8am today, 328 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 83 are in ICU. 27 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 17, 639,586 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 468,328 people have received their first dose
- 171,258 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s Covid-19 Vaccination Programme.