CLARE is among the counties to report positive Covid-19 cases today (Sunday, August 16).
There have been 66 new cases nationally.
There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC).
There has now been a total of 1,774 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Saturday, August 15, the HPSC has been notified of 66 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 27,257 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
• 34 are men / 29 are women
• 67% are under 45 years of age
• 12 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
• 3 cases have been identified as community transmission
• The remainder of these cases are still under investigation
• 21 in Kildare, 16 in Dublin, 6 in Limerick, and the rest of the 23 cases are in Clare, Donegal, Laois, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Wicklow.
The HSE said it is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.