Gardaí will have a strict traffic plan in place for the funeral in Killaloe tomorrow (Friday) of Munster and Ireland rugby star, Anthony Foley.
The funeral mass will take place at St Flannan’s Church, Killaloe at 12 noon, with burial after in Relig Nua graveyard.
A one way system will be in place around Killaloe along the R463 with the junction of Killaloe Bridge, to Abbey Street Covent Hill, right onto Crossroads, Thomas Street, Chapel Street, left onto New Street and back onto the main Scariff Road – R463.
To enable the free flowing of the one way system the following junctions will be closed off to traffic:
· New Street/ Main Street junction
· Thomas/Chapel Street junction
· St Flannan’s Road / Main Street junction
· St Flannan’s Road/ Covent Hill junction
· New Street / Ogonnelloe Road junction
· The Green / main Killaloe square will be free of all traffic for the rest of Thursday and Friday.
Funeral vehicular traffic coming from the Birdhill Road/M7 direction will not be permitted to proceed over Killaloe bridge, with three park and ride locations along the Birdhill to Ballina Road serviced by buses bringing persons to Ballina from where they will cross the bridge and make their way to Killaloe Church. Only non-funeral local traffic will be permitted to cross the bridge.