THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of six new cases of COVID-19 in Clare abs 14 additional deaths related to COVID-19. 9 deaths occurred in March, 1 occurred in February and 4 in January or earlier. The median age of those who died was 80 years and the age range was 59-94 years. There has been a total of 4,419 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Friday, March 5, the HPSC has been notified of 539 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 222,699* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 295 are men / 240 are women
- 69% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 33 years old
- 245 in Dublin, 42 in Meath, 29 in Kildare, 26 in Limerick, 24 in Cork and the remaining 173 cases are spread across 19 other counties**.
As of 8am today, 414 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 101 are in ICU. 22 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 3rd, 474,645 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 328,598 people have received their first dose
- 146,047 people have received their second dose