There has been one new case of Covid-19 diagnosed in Clare over the last 24 hours.
It comes on a day when nine new deaths relating to the virus have been announced, with the overall death toll now standing at 1,651.
In Clare, 323 cases have now been confirmed overall since the outbreak began, with the national figure showing 24,929 positive diagnoses in total.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Thursday 28 May (24,870 cases), reveals:
· 57% are female and 43% are male
· The median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
· 3,279 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 408 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 7,955 cases are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 12,031 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,472 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,416 cases (6%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 39%, close contact accounts for 58%, travel abroad accounts for 2%