THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of five new Covid-19 cases in Clare and 47 additional deaths related to Covid-19. 14 of these deaths occurred in March, 18 occurred in February and 15 occurred in January. The median age of those who died was 83 years and the age range was 60 to 95 years. There has been a total of 4,499 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Tuesday, March 9, the HPSC has been notified of 631 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 224,588 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 317 are men / 308 are women
- 74% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 29 years old
- 247 in Dublin, 50 in Kildare, 44 in Meath, 41 in Cork, 32 in Limerick and the remaining 217 cases are spread across 20 other counties. *
As of 8am today, 370 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 92 are in ICU. 31 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 07, 525,768 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 375,521 people have received their first dose
- 150,247 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s Covid-19 Vaccination Programme.