THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of five new cases of Covid-19 in Clare and 10 additional deaths related to Covid-19 nationally. Nine deaths occurred in March, one date of death remains under investigation. The median age of those who died was 75 years and the age range was 45 – 88 years. There has been a total of 4,576 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Thursday, March 18, the HPSC has been notified of 507 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 229,306* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 249 are men / 255 are women
- 70% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 33 years old
- 216 in Dublin, 40 in Kildare, 29 in Galway, 24 in Offaly, 18 in Tipperary, and the remaining 180 cases are spread across 20 other counties. **
As of 8am today, 336 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 87 are in ICU. 43 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 16, 632,359 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 463,500 people have received their first dose
- 168,859 people have received their second dose