Home » Regional » Ennis » Elderly man escapes from Ennis house fire

Elderly man escapes from Ennis house fire

An elderly man had a lucky escape last night after his home at Mc Hugh Villas in Ennis was extensively damaged by fire.

The alarm was raised shortly before 7pm when neighbours noticed a fire in the front room of the end-of-terrace bungalow. McHugh Villas is an estate primarily occupied by elderly residents.

It’s understood the man tried to bring the outbreak under control initially before the fire services were alerted. Three units of the fire brigade along with gardaí from Ennis responded to the incident.

Fire personnel quickly set about tackling the blaze and firemen battled to ensure the fire didn’t spread to adjoining property. The fire was brought under control within 30 minutes.

Check Also

Chemical in flood water confirmed as chlorine

CLARE Fire Service have confirmed that the chemical detected in water pumped from the leisure …

error: Content is protected !!