THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 11 new cases of Covid-19 in Clare with 13 additional deaths related to Covid-19. 10 of these deaths occurred in February, one occurred in January, one occurred in October and one date of death remains under investigation. The median age of those who died was 81 years and the age range was 55 – 92 years. There has been a total of 4,313 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Friday, February 26, the HPSC has been notified of 738 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 218,980* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 356 are men / 378 are women
- 71% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
- 311 in Dublin, 54 in Limerick, 36 in Cork, 34 in Offaly, 33 in Donegal and the remaining 270 cases are spread across 20 other counties. **
As of 8am today, 550 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 135 are in ICU. 27 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of February 24, 391,355 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 254,948 people have received their first dose
- 136,407 people have received their second dose