Two more cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed in Clare with the total number of cases in the county since the outbreak began now standing at 321.
Four more deaths have been recorded across the country with 1,608 lives now having been lost to the virus.
The National Public Health Emergency Team has also confirmed 57 new cases of Covid-19 in Ireland taking the total overall to 24,639.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 22 May (24,569 cases), reveals:
· 57% are female and 43% are male
· the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
· 3,222 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 394 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 7,819 cases are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 11,873 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,428 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,392 cases (6%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 59%, close contact accounts for 38%, travel abroad accounts for 3%