THERE have been 12 new cases of Covid-19 notified for County Clare today which brings the 14-day incidence to 138.9. The Health Protection Surveillance Centre notified 788 confirmed cases of the disease. There havc been 17 additional deaths related to Covid-19. 15 of these deaths occurred in February and 1 in December. The median age of those who died was 80 years and the age range was 50-92 years. There has been a total of 3,948 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. There is now a total of 209,582 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 409 are men / 371 are women
- 71% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
- 315 in Dublin, 61 in Galway, 59 in Meath, 42 in Louth, 33 in Kildare and the remaining 278 cases are spread across all other counties.
As of 8am today, 899 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 160 are in ICU. 34 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of February 11, 261,073 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 171,239 people have received their first dose
- 89,834 people have received their second dose