THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified 14 new cases of Covid-19 in Clare along with 26 additional deaths nationally related to Covid-19. 24 of these deaths occurred in February, 1 in January and 1 in October. The median age of those who died was 81 years and the age range was 58-98 years. There has been a total of 4,135 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Friday February 19, the HPSC has been notified of 988 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 214,378* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 487 are men / 499 are women
- 70% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
- 378 in Dublin, 68 in Galway, 61 in Kildare, 47 in Limerick, 45 in Louth and the remaining 389 cases are spread across all other counties.**
As of 8am today, 719 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 149 are in ICU. 36 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of February 17, 310,900 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 197,609 people have received their first dose
- 113,291 people have received their second dose