Home » Tag Archives: Galway city

Tag Archives: Galway city

Garda Alert: Ennis man missing

Gardaí are seeking the public’s assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 20-year-old Ennis man, Michael Bugler, missing from Galway city since Friday last. Michael was last seen in the Quay Street area, Galway City on Friday night at approximately 1am. Michael is described as being 5’9″ in height, of thin build with short brown hair and blue eyes. When last seen Michael was wearing a grey coloured jumper and jeans. Gardaí are concerned for his welfare and are asking anyone with information to contact them at Galway Garda Station on 091 538000, The Garda Confidential Line 1800 666111 or any Garda Station.

Read More »

Garda Appeal: Missing person in Galway

Gardaí are seeking the public’s assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 40-year-old Raymond Walsh, missing from Galway City since Tuesday, August 4. Raymond was last seen just off Newcastle Road, between 12 noon and 12.30pm on that day. Raymond was last seen wearing blue pyjamas and may be wearing a black hoodie and grey beanie hat. He was wearing green ‘Gola’ runners with black stripes. Raymond is described as 5’8’’ tall, medium build with red/brown hair and some facial hair. He has a cross with Indian ink on one of his forearms . Gardaí are concerned for Raymond’s welfare and anyone with information is asked to contact Galway Garda Station on 091 538000 , The Garda Confidential Line 1800 666111 or any Garda Station.

Read More »

Social housing boost for County Galway

Galway City and County Councils is to receive €58.4 million towards the construction of 1,126 new social houses in Galway. The new houses are due to be built by 2017 and will take 21% and 29% of households off the city and council housing lists respectively. “This is good news for the thousands of families on housing waiting lists across Galway. We will finally see local authorities building houses again – something that Fianna Fail stopped and Labour has been committed to starting again. This funding will provide homes for Galway families and is the first phase in a historic investment in social housing across the country,” noted Deputy Derek Nolan. “Social housing is a social good. It provides quality homes for those who cannot afford their own, relieves pressure on the private rented market and is a control on private house prices. I want to see more social houses built so that those on waiting lists can settle, raise …

Read More »

Clare man charged with rape in Galway

A 20-year-old County Clare man has been charged with the rape of a woman in a Galway city apartment last year. The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared before Galway District Court on Monday where he  denied two counts of raping the woman on the night of July 23-24, last year, contrary to Section 4 and Section 21 of the Criminal Law Rape Amendment Act, 1990. Garda Conor Barrett gave evidence of going to the man’s home earlier that morning and arresting him. He took him to Galway Garda Station and charged him there. He said the man replied “not guilty” to both charges. Garda Barrett said he had no objection to bail provided conditions were attached. Judge Aeneas McCarthy remanded the man on his own bail of €1,000 with no lodgement required, to appear before the court again on March 11 for service of a Book of Evidence. Bail was granted on condition he surrender his passport …

Read More »

Garda alert: Ennis man missing

Gardaí in Galway city are appealing to the public for assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 29-year-old Ennis man, Eoin Madigan, missing since January 5. Eoin was last seen at approximately 10.10pm on Monday, January 5 on Mainguard Street in Galway city. He is described as 5ft 8” in height, of medium build with short black hair. When last seen he was wearing a grey/blue zip hoodie and blue jeans. Eoin’s family and gardaí are concerned for him and anyone with information is asked to contact Galway Garda Station 091 538000, the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111 or any Garda station.

Read More »

Guilty of indecently assaulting child

A 68-YEAR-OLD man, with an address in the South East Clare area, has pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting a child in Galway city over a two-year period in the late 1980s. The man pleaded guilty before Galway Circuit Criminal Court last week to 13 sample charges of indecent assault, which took place at a Galway city address on various dates between January 1, 1988, and March 24, 1989. Prosecuting barrister, Conor Fahy said a further 12 charges of indecent assault, involving the same victim, should remain before the court for the time being. Defence barrister, John Hogan said he needed time to obtain a psychological report on his client prior to sentence. Judge Rory McCabe remanded the convicted man on continuing bail to March 18 next year for sentence and directed a victim impact statement be obtained for the court for that date. Ann Healy

Read More »

Galway youth located

Fifteen-year-old, Salem Bombo, who had been missing from his home in Galway City since October 1,  has been located safe and well. Gardaí have thanked the public and the media for their assistance in this matter and no further action is required.  

Read More »