A 68-YEAR-OLD man, with an address in the South East Clare area, has pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting a child in Galway city over a two-year period in the late 1980s.
The man pleaded guilty before Galway Circuit Criminal Court last week to 13 sample charges of indecent assault, which took place at a Galway city address on various dates between January 1, 1988, and March 24, 1989.
Prosecuting barrister, Conor Fahy said a further 12 charges of indecent assault, involving the same victim, should remain before the court for the time being.
Defence barrister, John Hogan said he needed time to obtain a psychological report on his client prior to sentence.
Judge Rory McCabe remanded the convicted man on continuing bail to March 18 next year for sentence and directed a victim impact statement be obtained for the court for that date.